Senior Competition Information Summer 2016
Last Updated: Wednesday 24th December, 2015
- Mens Opens - No age restrictions on players.
- Mixed Opens - No age restrictions on players, Maximum 4 Male players on the field at once. Any number of Female players to make up a team of 8.
- The Summer 2016 Season will be run over 7 Rounds.
- The top 4 teams in each division then progress to a 2 week sudden death finals series (1v4, 2v3 with winners playing in the Grand Final).
- The Summer 2016 Season will be run ungraded.
- Winners and Runners Up in each division receive prizes.
- Teams may have a maximum of 8 players on the field at any time in a half field configuration.
- There is no limit to the number of team members or interchanges.
- Teams must have at least 10 fully paid team members so they have reserves, with 12 recommended.
- Players MUST wear approved Tag League Shorts or Tights or cannot take the field. Shorts are available for purchase at $25, Tights are $30. Some other Tag sports shorts are acceptable, check with the competition manager if you are unsure yours comply.
- Teams MUST have an individually numbered shirt of the same colour for each team member by Round 3 of the competition. Numbers must be from 1 to 99 with each team member having a unique number.
- Shirts can be purchased from Fairfield Tag League or from anywhere.
- Teams not complying with numbered shirts will not be eligible to take the field.
- Teams who have individual players without numbered shirts face a match point penalty for each person not complying.
- Games consist of 2 x 20 minute halves, with a 2 minute half time break.
- Teams receive points for each game; Win-3, Draw-2, Loss-1, Forfeit (with notification)-1, NoShow or Penalty-0.
- Position on table is based on points, with goals "for & against" used where there is a draw, Goals "for" if tied.
- Each division will play for a cash prize of $300 with $200 for the runner up.
- A catered Grand Finals presentation will be provided for all participating teams.
- All participants must be at least 16 years of age in the 2016 calendar year.
- All participants must be registered on a team and be paid up before they can compete in the Fairfield Competition.
- Registration cost in the Fairfield Summer 2016 Senior Competition is as follows;
|Fairfield Summer 2016 Competition Fees|
|Mixed Open||$ 50|
|Mens Open||$ 50|
- Pricing is per person for the entire 7 week season, there are no additional costs beyond shorts and shirts.
- Each Team must have 10 fully paid up members as a minimum, 12 or more is recommended.
- All participants must sign on prior to taking the field and comply with sign on guidelines.
- Teams cannot use unregistered players otherwise known as "Ring In's" to play in their team for any reason.
- A team short of players ie. less than 8 in any given week of the competition can use a registered player from another team in the competition to "Fill In". A maximum of 3 "Fill In's" can be used in any game, and they cannot be used as reserves for substitution during a game. A point penalty is applied for each fill in that takes the field for a team.
- Teams need to advise the competition convenor or supervisor that they propose to use a "Fill In" and the match referee & opposing team captain also needs to be advised.
- Any player used as a "Fill In" must sign on for that team for that game.
- A team cannot consistently use "Fill In's" ie. more than 3 games in the season.
- A Fill In is not entitled to participate in any prize should the team they Filled In for win a prize.
- Teams found to be using a Ring In will forfeit any match points for that Round with winning points awarded to the opposing team.
- Teams who are in breach of guidelines on more than 1 occasion will be suspended for 1 or more games, with teams who are found to be repeat offenders being disqualified from the competition.
- It is a condition of entry to the competition that ALL players MUST sign on prior to taking the field. This is a requirement for insurance coverage.
- Players who do not sign on, are injured, and attempt to claim on insurance, WILL HAVE THEIR CLAIM DENIED.
- Players must only sign on for themselves, not for anyone else. Signatures will be cross checked for consistency.
- Players must sign in full, not just using initials.
- Players cannot sign on using someone elses name. If they are 'Filling In" for a team, they need to write their own name on a separate line on the sign on sheets and sign on that line for the week that they played.
- Players are required to present a Photo ID for sign on. This must be supplied or they cannot take the field.
- Anyone found to be playing for a team without sign on may cause that team to face a match point penalty, suspension or disqualification if they are found to be ineligible to play.
Scheduling of Games - Tarlington Reserve - Bonnyrigg
- Mixed Open games will be played between 6.30pm and 9.30pm on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday evenings, depending on your choice of day.
- Mens Open games will be played between 6.30pm and 9.30pm on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday evenings, depending on your choice of day.
- The draw is published in advance, with game times varying by week.
- Teams may specify if they wish to play early or late, early games being scheduled for 6.30pm or 7.15pm, late games being scheduled for 8.00pm or 8.45pm.
- It is the policy of Fairfield Tag League to play all scheduled rounds of the competition, with games rescheduled if they cannot be played on their assigned date for any reason, usually the result of wet weather.
- For the Summer 2016 Season there will be provision for 1 wet weather replay round.
- More wet weather replacement rounds will be scheduled if required and if grounds can be secured.
- Ground closure is determined by Fairfield Council and Fairfield Tag League based on conditions.
|Fairfield Tag League Seniors - Summer 2016 Competition Calendar|
Day of Week
Mens Open, Mixed Open
Tarlington Reserve, Bonnyrigg, Thursday 21st January, 2016
|Round 1||1st February 2016||2nd February 2016||3rd February 2016||4th February 2016|
|Round 2||8th February 2016||9th February 2016||10th February 2016||11th February 2016|
|Round 3||15th February 2016||16th February 2016||17th February 2016||18th February 2016|
|Round 4||22nd February 2016||23rd February 2016||24th February 2016||25th February 2016|
|Round 5||29th February 2016||1st March 2016||2nd March 2016||3rd March 2016|
|Round 6||7th March 2016||8th March 2016||9th March 2016||10th March 2016|
|Round 7||14th March 2016||15th March 2016||16th March 2016||17th March 2016|
|Semi Final & Grand Final
||21st March 2016||22nd March 2016||23rd March 2016||24th March 2016|
||28th March 2016||29th March 2016||30th March 2016||31st March 2016|
* Wet Weather replacement rounds.